Do you need to improve your art? Are you in an artistic rut? Need a gentle push in the right direction or help coming up with new ideas? I can help by offering one-on-one critiques online for visual artists.
I have over fifteen years of experience teaching art and design. I love teaching, especially the fundamentals of design and color theory. My teaching experience includes drawing (figure, observational, and perspective), painting with oils and acrylics, mixed media, and illustration (including book, editorial, sequential). I have worked with students in high school on up with various skill levels.
If you are new to critiques, you can feel very vulnerable. We are often attached to our artwork, especially while in the midst of creating it. During critique, we can analyze your work together and come up with feedback and visual solutions to help your work be the best it can be.
I love critiquing and seek to help each artist to find their voice. We will look at the composition and color. We will discuss what your art communicates through symbolism. My critique style is to be constructive. I will meet you at your skill level and understanding, then help you build on your knowledge and skills. The ultimate goal is to help you improve your piece and find ways to grow as an artist.
I relocated to Indiana from the Chicago area in the early 2000s. I have years of experience in the fine arts and graphic design. I attended the Art Institute of Chicago and Northern Illinois University and taught at the Art Institute of Indianapolis and Ivy Tech. I have shown nationally, with a recent solo show, online.
What to expect
- You will have a one-on-one critique of a piece of work of your choice.
- Critiques will be the internet in a Zoom session.
- Required: a computer/tablet/smartphone with a camera, and access to Zoom.
- Schedule a time for your critique. I am available Monday – Friday from 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., Eastern time
- I require a photo of the work to be critiqued, emailed to me no later than the day before your scheduled critique. Please make sure that you have proper lighting and the photo is in focus. Format should be jpg.
- Tell what type of medium(s) you are using in the piece we will critique.
- I will email you some critique questions before our meeting. We will discuss them during your critique.
- The critique is for 30 minutes.
- Price: $20 for a 30-minute session.
Please use the form below to arrange a day and time for critique.